Community Opportunities for People with Developmental Disabilities
Community Opportunities is a local agency in Lincoln County, MO. We help people with developmental disabilities, such as autism, cerebral palsy, seizure disorders, and mental retardation.
Supporting people with developmental disabilities to live healthy productive lives in the way they choose.
Community Opportunities provides Targeted Case Management (TCM), Residential Services, Community Services, and Employment Services to Lincoln Countians with Developmental Disabilities.
Community Opportunites publishes quarterly newsletters and annual reports to share our achievements and important agency information to stay connected with our clients, family members, and taxpayers.
Our Recent Achievements
- Assisting 6 high school students obtain work experience via our Summer Youth Employment Program
- Expanded our Case Management Department by hiring a full-time Resource Specialist to handle a non-Medicaid client caseload
- Expanded Employment Services to three full-time Employment Specialists (seeking to hire a fourth)
- Continue expanding/assisting with development of Set-Works (client/staff web-based data management system) for more efficient operations
- Implemented a DSP (Direct Support Professional) recognition program
- Facilitated & formally recognized 93 Sheriff’s Office personnel for completing the on-line training: ‘Autism Spectrum Disorder Training for Public Safety’ in April for Autism Awareness Month