About Community Opportunities
Community Opportunities for People with Developmental Disabilities is a tax-exempt political subdivision enabled by the citizens of Lincoln County to provide and/or contract for services for individuals with intellectual and/or other developmental disabilities. Currently, we serve approximately 300 clients and employ 90 individuals.
The mission of Community Opportunities is to conduct programs and provide opportunities that secure services and promote the general welfare of citizens with developmental disabilities primarily from the Lincoln County area.
- To include people with disabilities into the community
- To employ and develop quality staff
- To educate the public about available services and to educate the public about individuals who have developmental disabilities
- To develop an array of services and a variety of funding sources
Exceeding The Standard
- All of our staff meet and/or exceed the standards set forth by our contracting state agencies and complete a three month/equivalent training orientation period and on-going training throughout their employment.
- All direct-care staff maintain current certifications in CPR, First Aid, training in Abuse & Neglect prevention, working with difficult behaviors, HIPAA (confidentiality) and Emergency Preparedness.
- All direct-care staff are required to complete a Positive Behavior Support curriculum.
- Staff are offered the opportunity to complete courses through College of Direct Support and College of Employment Services (an on-line curriculum for direct support/employment professionals).
- All staff who administer medications are certified in Level I Medication Administration.
- Assisted an individual transition out of Residential Services to Community Skills services increasing his independence.
- Services are developed and actively supervised by Professional Managers (PM), who have a Bachelor’s Degree and have worked at least one year with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Our Employment Specialists are Certified Employment Training Specialists.